For detailed information about Ireland's visa system, please see the Irish government's Department of Foreign
Affairs' website (http://www.dfa.ie/home/index.aspx?id=8605)
For an up-to-date listing of countries that do not require a visa, please see:
If you are NOT a citizen of one of the aforementioned countries or territories, you WILL require an entry visa for Ireland in order to attend the conference.
Though you may be asked for additional or alternative documentation at any stage, in order to apply for a conference visa, the Irish government's Department of Foreign Affairs will require you to provide the following documents in English (or accompanied by a notarised translation) as part of the visa application process:
NOTE: THE PROVISION OF ALL THE DOCUMENTATION LISTED IN NO WAY GUARANTEES THAT A VISA WILL BE GRANTED.
Note that such letters cannot be provided until the conference registration fee has been paid and acknowledge/confirmed by the conference coordinator.
- Fully completed and signed application form
- Passport, valid for 6 months after your intended date of departure from the State
- Letter from conference host confirming you will be attending conference, details of the nature, dates, place & duration of conference, and that registration fees have been paid.
NOTE: All letters submitted should to the Irish government's Department of Foreign Affairs must be on official company headed paper and give full contact details for verification purposes. These must include:
- Letter from your employer or Association confirming your attendance, and outlining the relevance of the conference to your employment or involvement in your Association.
- Evidence from both your employer and conference host showing who will be responsible for all costs including travel, accommodation, expenses etc.
- If you are paying these costs yourself, a detailed bank statement covering a 6 month period immediately prior to your application is required
- You should also explain why you are attending this conference at your own expense.
- Evidence of your obligations to return to your country of permanent residence following the conference – letter from your employer/college showing the date of expected return.
- a full postal address,
- name of contact,
- position in company,
- telephone number (landline)
- and email address where relevant (E-mail addresses such as Yahoo or Hotmail are not accepted). Website address should also be included, if available.
All applications for an Irish Visa must be made by completing an Online Visa Application Form, which can be accessed at https://www.visas.inis.gov.ie
Visa Application Fees
The non-refundable Visa Application Processing Fees apply as follows: