Presenter: Devon Clark
Drone Forensics Workshop
This workshop will outline recent work conducted in the area of drone forensics as well as the methods and results obtained for conducting a forensic analysis of the DJI phantom III Standard drone. DJI is one of the most widely used brand of drones for commercial use. We explore the different types of data that are available both on the 'DJI Go' Android Application, as well as data stored on the drone itself.
We will also discuss our efforts in attempting to gain root access to the drone over SSH to manipulate the no-fly zones and remote control. Attendees will learn about how our DJI flight data file parser works and gain hands on experience with the tool.
- Previous work done in drone forensics.
- Relevance of drones and drone forensics now and into the future.
- Methods of forensic analysis
- Tools used for acquisition and analysis
- Methods of hacking the DJI Phantom III
- Theory and hands on experience with the DJI flight data parser